May 1, 2012

My Recipe Binder




I love my Recipe Binder.  I think it's because it's pretty.  I'm a girly girl like that.  
 To make it pretty I used scrapbook paper on the front, back, and side.  My scrapbook paper is the 12x12 kind, so I did have to cut it down, but it only needed 2 full sheets to cover everything.   

I organized it by using a million different categories.  Well, maybe not a million, but close... 
  • Breakfast
  • Breads
  • Soups
  • Salads
  • Veggies
  • Kids Meals (this is the fun design type of kid food)
  • Snacks
  • Appetizers
  • Sandwiches
  • Starches (Potatoes, Rice, etc)
  • Weight Watchers (it's supposed to be my motivational section)
  • Skillet
  • Crockpot
  • Casseroles
  • Desserts
I decided to break up the main meals by how I cook them, since usually if I'm planning meals for the week it's based on how much time I have each night.  




The last part was going onto my Pinterest page sections and printing off the different boards.  It's only a couple of pages per section, but at least I remember what's online in case I haven't printed off the recipe yet.  When you print your board it comes out with a thumbnail, the description, and the website that it is found at.  I do have a folder on my computer for recipes, so as I check out one of those great ideas, I just copy and save it in there for easy access.  

Hope this helps someone!  I'm also sticking this under "Someday I will be organized".



No comments:

Post a Comment